[Tagging] Draft Proposed Relationship Area Steps

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:44:36 UTC 2015

> this looks very complicated to render, because you have to synchronize to
> flights of steps so that they become one, I guess this will be much easier
> if you mapped 2 steps instead of this very complex object (doesn't look so
> complex in your sketch, but I believe it actually is, you'd have to be very
> precise with the lower ways in order to avoid seams).

I don't think it's complicated. Just divide the left way to 10 segments,
and the right one to 7 segments. Connect the corresponding dots with lines.
That's it.

Of course, this can not be done with a dumb renderer. A dumb renderer can
just fill the area with steps in the approximately right direction. An even
dumber renderer can just render the two ways, like they have been doing
before.

Mapping this as two steps is not entirely right. What if that staircase had
a name?

Janko