[Tagging] Blatant tagging for the renderer: bridges & abandoned railways

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:23:24 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 03:35:19PM +0100, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
>> +1, please tag what is on the ground,
>> and railway=abandoned is not rendered on carto by decision, read here:
>> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/542
>
> Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. Obviously I support the
> case made there very clearly for (just) rendering the bridges. A pity that
> it seems to have been dismissed without any real explanation.

Developers like to keep issue/pull discussions on topic, and that
pull's topic was about no longer rendering railway=abandoned, not the
separate issue of rendering underlaying bridges. Two separate issues
were created (and linked to in this thread) to fix rendering of
bridges.

That pull discussion heated up quickly but certainly wasn't low on explanations.