[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Haul Channel

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 04:58:11 UTC 2015

On 10/03/2015 3:21 PM, Marc Gemis wrote:
> Hallo Sam,
>
> It's not clear to me which object you are tagging: the highway
> (osm-way) or an area or a node where the frequency is mentioned on a
> sign or ...

The proposal says tagging a way .. so along the road.

> regards

Here in Australia .. the frequency is not normally stated  .. they use a
channel number .. That is normally what the CB units indicate on here
controls, not frequency?

there is a protocol here ..
http://www.southaustralia.com/media/documents/regions/tracks_and_repeater_1910_4wd_A4_web.pdf

Most of the commercial maps simply place the repeater towers on the map.
Note that deaths have occurred, and will continue to occur on Australian
'outback' roads. Depending on a simple CB radio is not enough..
http://www.lakeeyreyc.com/coroner.html
Get an EPIRB/PLB for emergency use if you traverse remote areas.