[Tagging] Blatant tagging for the renderer: bridges & abandoned railways

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:45:59 UTC 2015

On 10/03/2015, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> In passing, I am a little bemused that so many people seem to have missed
> the hint that I normally regard tagging for the renderer as evil by
> using the word "Blatant" in the title of this thread and that it was
> sort of a confession and plea for help on how to avoid doing that.

I don't think that anybody missed the hint, just confirmed that it was
just as "evil" and unnecessary in this case.

> Anyway, it seems to have been productive overall and it sounds as if the
> decision on the "standard" rendering might be revisited.

I very much doubt that the decision to not render railway=abandoned is
going to be revisited. As for the issue of rendering various cases of
"stand-alone" bridges, it was already on the todo.