[Tagging] Leaf type of "palm" for leaf_type

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Mar 11 04:01:34 UTC 2015

There are places where there are an amazing mount of Palm trees, and confusing them with a broadleaf tree is not great. But is this the main way the species (or class or whatever) of tree is defined? it thought there was some species tag for this as well - or is it too difficult when mapping to know the type of tree beyond it’s leaf?

It would be nice if trees marked get a color or shape at extremely high zoom (z19?).  Many park maps in Japan map the trees (yes, individual trees) as to what color stereotype it’s blooms are. (soft pink dots for cherry, magenta for plum, etc), as people often go looking in the parks for the blooms in spring.

Javbw