[Tagging] Survey points

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 10:39:22 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 10:23, Malcolm Herring wrote:
> On 11/03/2015 09:46, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
>> Care to review them ?
>
> I took a quick look at these objects & the few that I examined were
> actually created as areas, rather than had been converted from a node.
> The most egregious example is this one:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/199650922. It is a square with sides
> over 500m, and a note that reads "do not move this node"!!??

Looking at the edit, that's more likely to be a just newbie faux pas
isn't it?  The "do not move this node" stuff is used regularly for
French survey points.  May this is the survey point:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2096332697

Perhaps a changeset discussion comment or OSM note might be the way forward?

Cheers,

Andy