[Tagging] Current status of the key smoothness=*

jgpacker john.packer7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:56:06 UTC 2015

Hi,
I saw in the wiki page  Key:smoothness
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:smoothness#Controversy>   that there
is a section about the controversy over it's verifiability.

As far as I remember, this tag was throughly discussed here until a
consensus was achieved (which was that it should be classified according to
how usable the road is/which kinds of modes of transportation can use it).

Is this claim over it's verifiability still current?

I think it's not, and that this claim should be removed from the page
(though it may be useful to write a section with a brief history of this
key).

Cheers,
John