[Tagging] Survey points

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 11 15:51:55 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 14:43, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
> Adding a separate survey_point node would have
> little benefit.

The problem in many cases is the "man_made" key. I come across many
objects that were tagged "man_made=lighthouse", with other tags
describing attributes of that structure, but then another mapper has
come along and added the "man_made=survey_point" tag, that replaces the
original tag. Often URL and other reference tags get overwritten as well.

This is why I am of the view that survey points should be mapped on
separate nodes.