[Tagging] square_paving_stones:width

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:57:20 UTC 2015

> Am 11.03.2015 um 17:49 schrieb Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at>:
>
> What about rectangular paving stones? A key paving_stones:length (with a
> definition like "the length the longest horizontal edge") would be more
> universal. And there should be some default unit (m?).

I suggest to define paving stone width as orthogonal to the direction (OK, in diagonal cases it will not work) and length could be in direction. I have some doubt generally that paving stone sizes will become something very common in mapping but this way you could use the 2 tags for detailed rendering or to know how many joints there are for a given way length. Btw, mixed sizes are also very common ;-)

cheers
Martin