[Tagging] [Imports] [OSM-talk] [Talk-de] Formal proposal: mechanically reverting fixme=set␣better␣denotation / denotation=cluster

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste2 at letuffe.org
Thu Mar 12 08:45:49 UTC 2015

On mercredi 11 mars 2015, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> in some cases it's modernizing tagging

I don't like the sound of "Modernizing tagging in a mechanical way", that
should be handeled with care, and time.
If you intend to replace all type=deciduous to leaf_cycle=deciduous send a new
email with a new title so that people know what you'r up to.
But I'still against integrating that change to a well understood "mechanical
revert of a previous mechanical edit"

> To be clear:
> Initial post to the mailing list involved:  *removing useless fixmes*
> Based on list feedback, the discussion shifted and was focused on one task:
> * remove denotation=cluster along with the fixme* (the fixme was in fact
> recognized as flag for the bad data).

I'm still okay with that. As long as it means removing denotation=cluster as
it was automatically added with the  fixme=set␣better␣denotation. But not
manually entered denotation=cluster like :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2919343692/history
If you wish to, please send another email with title : "removing all
denotation=cluster tags on natural=tree"

> On the table now: * performing remaining needed cleanup on objects that
> will be edited anyway*

And I'm not okay with that unless discussed on a separated topic

sly, direct contact : sylvain at letuffe.org
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe