[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception Desk

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Thu Mar 12 20:05:01 UTC 2015

> - "It's not simple at all. Using amenity
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity>=* for this makes it
> impossible to combine it with such POIs. Also why amenity at all? For me
> it looks like a "I didn't find anything better", I mean amenity
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity>=reception_desk
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dreception_desk> can't
> even stand on its owm."
>
> with which POI should this be combined _on the same object_? I mean,
> this is a tag for a reception desk, obviously it can be combined with
> other amenities by putting it inside them, but you won't have many
> objects that are at the same time a reception desk and don't know,
> toilets? An example why this is a problem would help to understand the
> reservation.

Look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:amenity and tell me those
don't have reception desks.

And you can't put them inside and amenity if it's just a node of a
building like for example many doctors. By adding *=reception_desk to
such a node it would be clear that someone did not just put a random
node somewhere on the building, but that the doctor is actually there.

Also what about "receptions" at big companies, factories etc. where you
often also have a gate. Do you just use the tag for that? Is
reception_DESK really fitting?

http://bavaria-werkschutz.de/cms/files/img/header-teaser/Werkschutz.jpg