[Tagging] ?=maze

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 07:56:26 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 10:04 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Richard Z. <ricoz.osm at gmail.com
> <mailto:ricoz.osm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:57:28AM +1100, Warin wrote:
>     >
>     > Mapping a maze path would reduce the enjoyment of the maze .. at
>     least for
>     > me. Even if it was a single path.
>
>     spoiler_warning=yes ?
>
>     I do not think that is necessary:
>     #1 you don't have to loook at the map before going through the maze
>     #2 GPS is not precise enough to lead you through a maze
>

> You say that, but I'm guessing you've never been to an American
> suburban neighborhood full of twisty little cul-de-sacs with no
> rational urban planning or terrain to justify such obfuscation, each
> more identical than the last.  American mazes can be quite huge, often
> dozens or even hundreds of square kilometers, and I'm pretty convinced
> the people who live in them do so because they can't find their way out.

Off topic .. for a small while
Unfortunately they exist around the world Paul ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boxes +
http://people.wku.edu/charles.smith/MALVINA/mr094.htm

/Little boxes on the hillside,//
//Little boxes made of ticky tacky,//
//Little boxes on the hillside,//
//Little boxes all the same.//
//There's a green one and a pink one //
//And a blue one and a yellow one,//
//And they're all made out of ticky tacky//
//And they all look just the same./

//

/And the people in the houses//
//All went to the university,//
//Where they were put in boxes//
//And they came out all the same,//
//And there's doctors and lawyers,//
//And business executives,//
//And they're all made out of ticky tacky//
//And they all look just the same.
/

etc/
--------------------------------------
/Back on topic /
/

In June 2012
attraction=maze  had 44 entries
leisure=maze  had 32 entries

now in 2015
attraction=maze  has 148 entries
leisure=maze  has 79 entries

I think the continued use of attraction=maze is due to the good wiki
page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/maze

compared to the poor wiki page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dmaze

which, before I edited it, redirect back to attraction=maze !!!

So ..
Should I simply make a wiki entry on leisure=maze .. and simply copy it
across from attraction=maze .. then make the attraction=maze redirect to
the leisure=maze page (possible edit wars!)

Or make a new proposal here ?