[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:50:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

No, I think it means what it says. Or at least, I think we have
treated it that way for a long while.

When there is very low interest (i.e. very few votes) - which is
pretty common - then even one dissenting vote is enough to make us
step back and think again, whereas if there are enough votes to make
"majority approval" a meaningful concept (I admit that 15 is a low
number for quorum) then we accept that there will always be some
disagreement, and so we use majority rather than unanimity.

This is how I interpret it. I'm not saying it's the best rule of thumb
out there. I'd say there's no point changing it in small ways - no-one
likes the tag voting system, and overhaul would be better than slight
tweaks.

Anyway, it is only a rule of thumb!

Best
Dan