[Tagging] Toll enforcement devices

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Mar 14 20:59:18 UTC 2015

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2015-03-14 21:09:

>> Am 14.03.2015 um 12:11 schrieb Tom Pfeifer :
>>
>> Agreed, thus the 'barrier' key should only be used if it is a barrier that stops you.
>> If it is a 'free-flow' method only, a different description should be found.
>

> for "barrier" there are already the established values entrance, bollard and others that don't physically stop you.

Right, it's fine for me to keep barrier=toll_booth for both stopping and non-stopping,
manual and electronic methods, as currently defined. Somebody might invent a sub-tag then
for the different types.

My main concern was to remove the barrier=toll_booth from those German "Toll Collect" devices
that neither collect the toll nor trigger the collection, but only monitor compliance,
as any speed or red light camera. And remove them from parking fee collection.

tom