Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 22:48:12 UTC 2015

On 15/03/2015 3:37 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Dave Swarthout
> <daveswarthout at gmail.com <mailto:daveswarthout at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     There is no mention of one very common type of camp_site, the
>     campground inside a National Park. It is a definitely a designated
>     site but it is also noncommercial, in the sense that it is not run
>     for profit as a business would be.
>

> The national park would have one area, the campground would be an area
> in the national park, camp sites would be nodes (possibly areas)
> inside the campground.

OSM use a slightly different definition of those .. I'll reword the
above to suit the OSM definitions?

The national park would have one area, the camp site would be an area in
the national park, camp pitches would be nodes (possibly areas) inside
the camp site.

Reference
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches