John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Mar 14 23:14:02 UTC 2015

> On Mar 15, 2015, at 7:49 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 14/03/2015 10:43 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>

>>> Am 14.03.2015 um 05:41 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>>>
>>> and mapping them for other Trekkers would be useful only if they are not confused at all with all of the other, more substatial or easily accessed spots in a camp or along a road.
>>
>> +1, I believe the tag for informal camping spots should not just be a sub key added to the same tag as for a commercial or otherwise official camp site, it should be a different main tag
> That may help. But it goes against a top down system/structure.

As long as there is a way to differentiate the trekking sites from informal sites (and assuming car-camping and caravan sites are already differentiated enough) I don't care if they are in the same tag, as they can easily be given a different icon through tag differentiation.

Also - is there some way to tag if the campsites have a (raised) platform of some kind for the tents?

There are several camps I can think of - US Boy Scout camps and rent-a-tent sites in Japan that have somewhat permanent tent platforms on the sites. A tent (purpose-built canvas tents or a clients tent) can then go on the raised (usually wooden) platform.

Is there a way to tag these structures, as they don't really move (they would be a "permanent" fixture of the campsite) but building=* implies something more...

Javbw