sly (sylvain letuffe) liste2 at letuffe.org
Sun Mar 15 11:46:10 UTC 2015

dieterdreist wrote
>> Am 14.03.2015 um 05:41 schrieb John Willis <

> johnw@

> >:
>>
>> and mapping them for other Trekkers would be useful only if they are not
>> confused at all with all of the other, more substatial or easily accessed
>> spots in a camp or along a road.
>
> +1, I believe the tag for informal camping spots should not just be a sub
> key added to the same tag as for a commercial or otherwise official camp
> site, it should be a different main tag

+1 from me as well. Too much risks of confusion of too different concepts.
(Please note that I just discovered on that page the existence of
impromptu=yes which imho should be warned against on the wiki, and given
it's rather low usage (400) after 8 years of existence, could also be marked
as proposed for deprecation in favor of another tourism=x top tag

-----
--
sly, contact direct : sylvain /a\ letuffe o r g
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe