[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Reception Desk

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 12:45:43 UTC 2015

Ok .. now I have it.. sorry for not seeing it in the first place...

That problem still exists for other OSM features .. as per Markus reply
with the suggested (proposed) relation
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Provides_feature

Also note the other proposal

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Cluster

I don't see how the problem can be addressed by the simple value of the
proposed reception_desk .. particularly as it is a problem/solution for
other things too?

On 15/03/2015 10:37 PM, Andreas Goss wrote:
>> name=company?
>
> I'm not a software developer, but 2x name= doesn't sound like a great
> idea if you want to make an association.
>
> Also entering data like phone number twice etc. doesn't sound like a
> great idea either, unless the reception actually has a special one
> (but often it's probably just the main number of the POI)

Double entry does not appeal to me either .. more work. A relation that
takes the values from the relation to the tagged features sounds good.
Would need to avoid over writing any tagged values that all ready exist
(eg opening hours for reception may be different from the main office ..
you may still ring the office when reception is closed.) I don't see
that addressed by either the above proposals? (That would provide for
separate phone numbers too .. Gate 1, Gate 3 etc. Oh and a 'goods dock'
(or similar wording)).

Nice question/problem ... but not solvable by this proposed tag:value?