[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:05:19 UTC 2015

> Am 17.03.2015 um 15:04 schrieb Kotya Karapetyan <kotya.lists at gmail.com>:
>
> I don't think there is a procedure to vote on such proposals, so please just give it +1 here if you agree. We change it when we have 8+ "plus ones" if there are no significant objections to this change.
> Once again, please note: we are not discussing the consequences of approval/rejection, we just change the rule of thumb recommendation to a mathematically more sound one.

I also don't think there is a procedure to change the proposal voting system and how votes are counted. 8 votes in favor of a change seem too few, and besides this, IMHO this is not something we should vote on the tagging mailing list, I suggest to announce it more broadly, eg on the national lists and on talk.

cheers
Martin