[Tagging] Bridge Parapets

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:05:43 UTC 2015

It would appear that the rendering for a bridge might include the parapet.  Much of my local mapping however includes barriers along roads.  These are generally connected to the bridge parapet.  It would seem reasonable to therefore have a seperate way for each bridge paparet that links the barriers either side of the bridge.  Perhaps, barrier=wall, wall=parapet.   Parapet is however  used in more that one context http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapet   If bridge parapets were to be mapped would they therefore need a more distinct name in this context "bridge_parapet" of should there be some sort of relation between the highway segment of the bridge and its associated parapets?

At the moment I just leave the barriers "hanging" but it doesn't seem like a very satisfactory approach to mapping given they are attached to the bridge.

Regards

Dudley