[Tagging] Accepted or rejected?

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Wed Mar 18 22:16:40 UTC 2015

On 18.03.2015 22:50, Warin wrote:
> I agree that a 'forum' is far better at engaging a community ... keeps
> topics more organised as replies are localised (that are no isolated
> branches for instance), avoids the 'digest mode' problem, some even have a
> system of not viewing post by someone they don't like!

And it's easier to retrieve and reply to old threads.
And the e-mail addresses are not presented to spammers on a silver platter.
And you don't need to download messages you are not interested in.
And you can log in using any web browser on any computer. No need for a
tuned mailinglist-capable e-mail client, and no need to carry around a USB
stick with old messages.

Mailing lists are an obsolete technology. The may still be useful for topics
where immediate actions or decisions are required, though. E.g. for
discussing changeset reverts.