[Tagging] Revisiting proposal/voting scheme

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:42:04 UTC 2015

To make it clear:

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:00 PM, moltonel 3x Combo <moltonel at gmail.com>
 wrote:
> Why should the page be "converted to a feature page" ?

Because I would mark a proposal page as such in some place. Otherwise a
stable 10 year-old feature page cannot be easily distinguished from a
proposal created yesterday. I see something like moving the page to a
different namespace or removing a "proposal" status. Not changing the
content or rewriting the page.

> A good proposal

should already be nicely usable as documentation of the desired
> tagging schema.

Fully agree.

> Note also that the feature <-> proposal relation is not one to one but
> many to many. Any nontrivial proposal will link to multiple tags, and
> a particular tag may link back to multiple competing proposals

Yes, and the combined pages can be linked just like that.

> Feature pages and proposals should be writen in parallel, not one
> after the other.

I am promoting writing a single "feature proposal" page, which, after the
initial discussion, is made just a "feature" page. So nothing is written
one after another.

Cheers,
Kotya