[Tagging] Fuel shops

Jan van Bekkum jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:35:13 UTC 2015

Good idea to have such a tag, should include diesel for cars, kerosine for
heating and propane/butane for cooking that are sold in the same way. I
Kenya we have been in areas far away from regular filling stations; there
people are selling diesel from drums.

I think shop=fuel is dangerous as it is too close to amenity=fuel (which in
my opinion should be shop=fuel). There are more discussions about things
tagged as amenity or shop (see for example the discussion about
shop=car_storage).