[Tagging] Revisiting proposal/voting scheme

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:30:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> * Once on the wiki, instead of a formal vote period, users (eg) click a
>> "like" or "dislike" button and aggregate score is shown. For some time
>> (?). Obviously they can also edit content to say why.
>>

> I believe the current requirement to add a reason for a "dislike" is
> important and should not be dropped by substituting it with a simple click
> mechanism.

Think StackExchange.

Example:
Tag bla-bla.
*Pro's *
- Adds additional information wrt tag bla. [20 likes, 5 dislikes]
- Makes tagging more explicit. [30 likes, 2 dislikes]
*Contra's *
- Clashes with existing tag bla-bla-bla. [25 likes, 15 dislikes]
     Comment: -1 because the existing tag is historic and we may to
deprecate it. [10 likes]
*Current usage*
1234 nodes