[Tagging] Historic tower

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:05:27 UTC 2015

> Am 19.03.2015 um 21:15 schrieb Jaume Figueras i Jové <jaume.figueras at masafi.cat>:
>
> I'm thinking to use man_made=tower historic=yes, but IMHO I think it's more correct to use historic=tower (that does not appear in the wiki).

I'm using all these tags together, historic=tower and man_made=tower and if it's an area also building=tower (or a more specific tower type for the building if you know it). In case this is from ancient times, you might also be interested in the tag historic:civilization

Often these do have Wikipedia entries (key wikipedia), the start_date might be known, ...

Don't limit your tagging to a single tag, try to describe it well.

Cheers
Martin