[Tagging] Is what we are doing useful? (OSM.org map case)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 04:12:44 UTC 2015

On 22/03/2015 11:42 AM, André Pirard wrote:

> I feel like being insulted instead of thanked (as well as many other
> persons).

Join the club.

> I have, of course, immediately stopped improving and translating the
> OpenStreetMap documentation.

If you do that 'they' have won. Persist, possibly a different method to
achieve your objective?

May be the original intent is as 'they' say.
However that does not mean that it should not be used for other things..
those other things may well bring great benefits to OSM.

An 'Expert': A person who knows a great deal .. about very little at all.

The non expert can see a broader range of things ... and may have a
better view of what the 'common' person sees. Less understanding of the
details but may be a better grasp of the overall.