[Tagging] Fuel shops

johnw johnw at mac.com
Mon Mar 23 00:25:21 UTC 2015

> On Mar 23, 2015, at 9:13 AM, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Nobody's proposing another amenity tag. My thrust here is to gather opinions about adding another shop key, this one a shop for petrol (gas, gasohol, etc.). The places I have in mind are not the same as standard fueling places, tagged amenity=fuel, in fact, I wish them to be tagged differently so the two types are not confused. They're much smaller and offer no other services or amenities whatsoever.

+1

Yep - non-standard places to buy gas, possibly not gas for a car. basically not a “Gas station”.

For some fuel types, it isn’t even for cars…

I want to tag permanent kerosene dispensaries  (for heaters), but I don’t want them confused with gas stations - though they use similar equipment.

Some people want to tag informal/ad hoc/ low volume gasoline dispensaries that do not offer the expected volumes of gasoline you would expect at a “gas station” - nor the amenities that a standard gas station would offer.

jsut as we differentiate between fast food and restaurant that serves burgers, there should be a difference between a non-standard fuel shop and a gas station, though both might have gasoline, in some form, for cars

> I tried to attach my icon for this purpose but this silly listserve software doesn't allow that.

it has to be really small - like 10-20 K.

Javbw