Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 05:31:51 UTC 2015

On 25/03/2015 12:38 PM, David Bannon wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 11:06 +1100, Warin wrote:
>
>> No, not a decision for the render but information for the end user .. the most important person is the end user!
>> 'Customers' first!  :-)
> I don't think there are too many "end users" who look up the raw data!
>
>> The map user wants to search for the closest camp sites and then select for the features they want.
> Agreed, whole heartedly !
>
>> None= nothing other than an area to pitch a tent or park a vehicle.
>> Basic = None + a toilet
>> Standard = Basic + water
>> Comfort = Standard + shower
>> First Class = Comfort + cloths washing (+ power?)
>> Luxury =Comfort + camp kitchen/swimming pool/restaurant
>   Is
> the water drinkable ?

Yes. ... forgot to stipulate that.

> BBQ, fire places, defined 'pitches', metered/unmetered power, disabled
> toilets, shade, grass, cooking facilities, rec room, launching ramp,
> fish cleaning facilities, internet access, pets allowed/not, child/dog
> minding capability, credit card facilities .....

Distractions form the major features that I'd use to separate them. .

> Need a category system, for sure, but need a lot of extra data not
> implied by the category.

The 'extra data' can be tagged separately? This give a clear boundary between the class system. And still enables the other things to be tagged.

Fee payment may cover credit cards,

shade by marking tree/s on the map,

disabled toilets as a sub tag to toilets

power is covered by a tag

pitches yet to be defined .. but a draft proposal exists,

internet .. has a tag, \

So quite a few things already covered by tags.

What I think is needed here is a simple system to separate the levels .. readily identified and easy to implement. The other things are, as I said, distractions.