[Tagging] Camp Ground Categories - Tagging established, unofficial and wild campings

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 25 08:43:44 UTC 2015

Warin suggested new category names and implied meanings. Think it was a
quick draft, I have a counter "quick draft" along same lines.

On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 11:06 +1100, Warin wrote:
> None= nothing other than an area to pitch a tent or park a vehicle.
> Basic = None + a toilet
> Standard = Basic + water
> Comfort = Standard + shower
> First Class = Comfort + cloths washing (+ power?)
> Luxury =Comfort + camp kitchen/swimming pool/restaurant

     David's model (camp_site=* ) -
Basic = nothing other than an area to pitch a tent or park a vehicle.
Standard = Basic + toilets and water
Serviced = Standard + shower + power
Fully_Serviced = Serviced + camp kitchen + Laundry
Deluxe = Fully_Serviced + swimming pool/restaurant

And define all the other aspects with additional tags. Good so far. But
I am sure someone can think of an anomaly.

BUT - its silly to have all those other things (mostly amenity=) on one
node or area. So, now we need to define different nodes. And that leads
to having to establish exact location of each. Thats too much trouble in
many cases. I don't know ....

Jan suggests a relation to link them all together, makes sense to me,
but does it make sense to renderers and thus end users ? I've never used
relations, seems the docs concentrate more on when not to use them.

Jan, I am really sorry to be suggesting such drastic changes to your
proposal so late but I think might be more acceptable to the community.

David