[Tagging] areas (eg rocks) underwater and across coastline/water shores

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 26 15:31:36 UTC 2015

On 26/03/2015 12:35, Richard Z. wrote:
> How do people think about it? Should we generalise that approach
> or seek another solutions?

The way I have approached this is to map separate areas above and below
the natural=coastline way & add the tag tidal=yes on the below HW area.

> Should we use underwater/awash tag or prefix?

The OpenSeaMap object underwater/awash rock (seamark:type=rock) only
refers to isolated rocks rather than a rocky seabed. Therefore it is
only appropriate on a node.