Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:55:07 UTC 2015

How about camp_site=hospitality for those hotels that offer camping on
their grounds, or certain parking lots that allow camping, e.g., WalMart.

The hotel industry is, after all, sometimes referred to as the hospitality
industry.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:30 PM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> Sorry folks, email client problems. Evolution and bugs !
>
> David
>

> On Fri, 2015-03-27 at 19:10 +1100, David Bannon wrote:
> > On Fri, 2015-03-27 at 06:41 +0000, Jan van Bekkum wrote:
> >
> > >       * We can use camp_site=opportunistic_hospitality for the
> > >         hotels,
> > >       * We can use tourism=camp_site:non_designated for all cases that
> > >         the
> >
> > Sorry Jan, people, me included, do not like "=non_designated". Honestly,
> > I could learn to really dislike "=opportunistic_hospitality" quite
> > quickly too ! I think two categories for these things is too many and 25
> > character in a tag is too many.
> >
> > With thought, I think (my suggestion of) adding camp_site=sponsored is a
> > bad idea too. I'd prefer the list I posted early and we invent a new
> > subtag to associate with any camp_site= such as sponsored=yes to deal
> > with your case. Or do camp_site=basic:sponsored.
> >
> > Attractive vistas, fees, etc can all be dealt with with tags.
> >
> > David

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand