[Tagging] RFC - obligatory usage - bicycle=obligatory

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Sat Mar 28 12:47:45 UTC 2015

I’m not sure if I understand your question. So please tell me whether I did.

A parallel cycleway to a road with bicycle=no could be very close, even separated by a curb only. If cyclist are prohibited from those driving lanes in general, that cycleway  should not be considered bicycle=obligatory but bicycle=designated in my mind. It like you said, routers will find the next available way for cyclists.