[Tagging] Tagging method of amenities at camp_sites

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Mar 28 18:21:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 2:27 AM, Jan van Bekkum <jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Bryce
> This is not the right example. All tags in your example are attributes
> that belong to the camp_site, no need for extra nodes; you are fully
> correct there.
>
> What I am talking about is multiple namespace tags in a single node:
> tourism=camp_site
> amenity=restaurant;shower;bar;swimming_pool
> shop=convenience;supermarket

What if I know the camp site has a showers, a swimming pool and a dump
station, but I don't know where on the site they are?
Thus:

*tourism=camp_site*
*showers=yes*
*swimming_pool=yes*
*dump_station=yes*

What happens if the opening hours of restaurant and bar are different? What
> happens if I can pay with credit card for the campsite, but not for the
> restaurant? No way to tag that.

Once you map to that level of detail, make individual nodes.

*Mapping happens in layers: often starting with a fairly basic
representation, then moving toward more detail.*
Forcing people to insert fake geometry to represent amenities is a terrible
solution.
Forcing people to complicated mapping schemes has a good chance of reducing
map contributions.

But as I said nothing needs to be done here: people have already mapped
thousands of camp sites using the amenity listing style above.  It's not
new.