[Tagging] probable tag

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 00:54:56 UTC 2015

On 29/03/2015 11:21 AM, Thomas Gertin wrote:
> Can I get some advice on marking features as probable? Nothing pops up for me when I type ‘probable' on the OSM wiki.

What do you mean "probable" ?

If "something" is on the ground then it is there .. not "probably" there.

If you think "something" might be there, from say a satellite view,  go and see (called a survey) - you don't need a GPS .. just a visually survey would do.

If you cannot go and see ... mark the node with a "fixme=" tag .. say "fixme=probably bus stop"  for example...

Does that answer your question?