[Tagging] Tagging method of amenities at camp_sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:37:18 UTC 2015

On 29/03/2015 6:14 PM, Dave Swarthout wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Dave Swarthout
> <daveswarthout at gmail.com <mailto:daveswarthout at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     But does having a JOSM preset that sets a tag bar=yes mean that
>     the bar actually gets rendered, or is it just findable though a
>     query you can make to OSMAnd or whatever? It all depends on which
>     map or which renderer you're talking about does it not?
>

> I reckon it doesn't matter all that much as long as you can make
> assessments of the camp_site when you want them.

Maybe the JOSM presets have (preexisting) wiki entries.

On 29/03/2015 3:57 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> Much cleaner tagging, and the way it's frequently done now, is a node
> or area with:
>
> amenity=camp_site
> bar=yes
> picnic_table=yes
> internet_access=wlan
> opening_hours=24/7
> fee=$5
>
> Now it's clear that the camp site is open 24/7 and costs $5, but
> nothing specific is said about the other amenities.
>
> If you know more about the bar, then you can create a separate node
> with all the details.

But you maintain that putting a node when you don't know exactly where
it should be is a no no, and now advise to place a node .. just because
you know the opening_hours? What if you do know details .. but not the
exact location? Still place a node somewheres?