[Tagging] RFC - proposal page for camp_site=

johnw johnw at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 08:05:25 UTC 2015

Okay - I have a question - If Jan’s proposal sets the basic category, And this one sets the amenity level, Is is possible to base this around access to the spaces? it seems to set the whole tone of the camp.

 RV & Caravan / car camping / tent camping? An RV camp usually has spaces and facilities meant for RVs,  Car camping has spots with a parking spot at each site and space for tenting next to it ( a “Auto Camp” in Japan, and a lot of US State/national park camps) , and tents are plots laid out near each other, with cars or other access *not* directly next to the sites (like a large scout camp or camping in some traditional parks with grass and a playground).

I would like to designate the level that way first, and then make a bunch of camp_site:x=yes/no  tags to denote facilities that are common to the sites or the camp itself.

There will be a million different combinations of amenities from camp to camp and country to country, so setting the basic *layout* type of the camp is the most important.  I have found some really bare and tiny camps with nice kitchens which would not fit nicely into the categories based around amenity - so set the amenities by themselves - and base it around camp layout.

camp_site:restaurant=yes
camp_site:water=yes
camp_site:space_water=no
campsite:kitchen=yes
camp_site:space_bbq=no
camp_site:space_power=yes
camp_site:attendant=yes

This is really extesible, as some countries have amenties that are unheard of in other countries (netting, fishing ponds) etc, and are easily added without trying to redefine the entire camp_site= values.

and for camps that offer the additional types of camping, as sometimes an RV camp has some car camping spots, then add it as an additional value, since for the example it’s predominantly an RV camp.

camp_site=car_camping=yes

Javbw