[Tagging] Micro- and macromapping with area=*

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:07:46 UTC 2015

Mapping street areas should not use [highway=*; area=yes] -
[area:highway=*] is much better.

highway=pedestrian, highway=footway for squares are special cases as square
may and typically is traversed using any route.
Also some [highway=service; area=yes] fit (some parkings and similar
places) as it is OK to drive in any direction.

That is not a case for highway=motorway/.../tertiary/.../cycleway/.. (at
least normal ones, there are probably some weird places).