[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - opening hours default PH off

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri May 1 18:59:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Robin `ypid` Schneider <ypid23 at aol.de>
wrote:

> They should be covered for all US states [2]. It has
> been noted that the US has multiple holidays. Is that like the bank
> holidays in
> the UK? It might be worth to defined them.

Problem is they vary so damn much.  Nobody seems to be able to decide
whether Robert E. Lee Day should be celebrated or not, or even what month
it falls on, much less whether it happens on the same day of the week or
the same day of the month each year.  A similar but more visible issue
comes up with Columbus Day: Despite being a federal holiday, it's not
uniformly observed nationwide (and some places (including Seattle) that
previously opted not to observe it have since started observing Native
American Day or Aboriginal Day on the same date instead), a situation that
gets reproduced as well with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: I didn't even
know it was a day people actually get off for until I left Oregon, it's
about as relevant in that state as it is in rural Russia.