[Tagging] Possible Vatican City tagging issues

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:28:25 UTC 2015

> This is correct. There is a security checkpoint at the gate, and
> pedestrians are not normally let in unless they are known to security.
> This is different from a national border checkpoint, because there are
> no such checkpoints at places where the public can cross the border,
> for example at St Peter's Square. I imagine there are also similar
> checkpoints between the public and private areas of Vatican City.

yes, you can't walk there either in some parts, while others are accessible
to the general public through the Vatican Museums (parts of the garden),
i.e. the access rights could also be modified to access=customers
vehicle=private there, I don't know this part of the city very well,
because you have to pay a hefty entrance fee and cue for several hours, but
I believe to recall that at least part of this road is accessible from the
museums for instance: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/37763365 .

Cheers,
Martin