[Tagging] Proposed tag shop=wholesale

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat May 9 04:18:27 UTC 2015

On 9/05/2015 1:35 PM, John Willis wrote:

>> On May 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wholesale implies a large quantity of goods, they sell in quantity (the quantity may be over some time, say a year).
> Then wholesale is an subtag on the shop, since it doesn't describe what they are selling, right?

Hummm ... I'd not want a wholesaler identified as a shop ... let me put it this way?

If a gasoline wholesaler were identified as a fuel station and you drove your car in there .. they'd sell you gasoline ... say 250 gallons of it minimum.  :-D

> There are wholesale trade shops, wholesale food shops, wholesale lumber shops, etc...
>
> Is there some tag for membership, or is that assumed knowledge if you live in the region? (Most people in Japan know costco is membership, for example).

access = membership ?

> Thinking about it reminds me I have no idea how to tag them, along with the sub-businesses inside (food court, pharmacy, tire shop, etc). I just put shop nodes in the building, but maybe that's not the best way to do it.

I've not looked at it hard. I have tagged nodes and buildings (closed way) as shops .. they do appear on the rendered maps.