[Tagging] surface=pebbles -> surface=pebblestone ?

SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk
Sun May 10 12:29:48 UTC 2015

Regardless of pebbles vs pebblestone, where did the distinction of
"gravel=sharp, pebblestone=rounded" come from?   Is there any way to
easily see who first contributed a particular section of a wiki page?

I'm not convinced that the wiki is documenting usage in OSM here.  A bit
like natural=wood / landuse=forest, I suspect that you wouldn't be able
read anything much based on whether something was tagged as
surface=gravel, pebbles or pebblestone.

Cheers,

Andy