[Tagging] surface=pebbles -> surface=pebblestone ?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:51:10 UTC 2015

I have to confess that my use is based on the OSM wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:surface and
I did not check the mother tongue of the authors :-)

There are highway surfaces where pebbles are set (I suppose by hand) into
some material that holds them in position (typically in historic city
centres) and I have encountered tracks where loose pebbles are used to
stabilise the surface.
I don't care too much what they are called, but they need different tag
values.