[Tagging] Roads with motor vehicle access limited to residents of a specific town

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Mon May 11 07:03:23 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> "for a trail that anyone can use, but only after buying a permit."
>
> I would use rather fee=yes and toll=yes rather than introducing yet
> another tag value.

That would confuse the heck out of me.  From that tagging I'd think you're
talking about staffed toll both or coin box.

I'd rather do:

access=see_website
operator=East Bay Municipal Utility District
website=
https://www.ebmud.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/Application%20for%20Trail%20Permit.pdf
note=Annual trail use permit must be obtained in advance.

I'd rather have a lot of tags with clear meanings, compared to just a few
tags that are semantically murky!