[Tagging] Maxspeed

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:19:39 UTC 2015

> Plus, while the cops can't pull you over and give you a ticket for
> exceeding the 'ramp' speed (if they do, you can challenge it in court if
> it's just a normal speeding ticket), they can however, nail you with a
> reckless driving ticket/charge if you wipe out and wreck while exceeding
> it.

I believe the situation in Germany is similar, e.g. if there is a 130 km/h
maxspeed recommendation (which is there implicitly on the whole network)
but you drive at 250 km/h and someone else gets frightened and makes an
accident the fault might be attributed to you. I recall several cases where
test drivers of Mercedes caused deadly accidents on the highways around the
main production plant (A8, A81, A5), there is even a wikipedia article in
English about one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accident_on_the_Bundesautobahn_5

Cheers,
Martin