[Tagging] surface=pebbles -> surface=pebblestone ?

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Mon May 11 22:50:26 UTC 2015

On 11 May 2015 at 21:35, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:

> Speaking as an American, I would refer to that as a mix of cobbles and
> setts (some of the stones in the photo look rounded, some squared, and some
> irregular). They appear ti be about the size of a human palm. I think of
> pebbles as rocks of finger-diameter or less, such as the pea gravel often
> used on the surface of concrete driveways, for ornamental reasons.

Pebbles to me are 'rounded stones' (aka 'cornerless) of any size as found
washed up on a beach having been ground by rubbing against each other with
tidal action. What you describe, I think we'd call 'shingle'.

There ought to be an American translation of the wiki and osm interfaces.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>