[Tagging] Maxspeed

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 13:52:34 UTC 2015

On 13 May 2015 at 10:03, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  Don't agree with this... there have been discussions in the past about
> whether the "width" of a "way" includes the pavements etc... Where a road
> goes under a bridge, where do you measure the "height" of the road?

Are we talking signage or reality ? Singage specifies the height and where
necessary, the width of that height.

My biggest bugbear is that for speed limit (aka legal) we are not using
'speed limit' wot everyone knows but 'maxspeed' which in the UK is advisory
by default.

OSM seems to be bad at sticking to 'common usage English' yet is a map for
the people, not just the geeks. For the same reason, I have big issues with
the use of 'node' for a point, 'way' for a line and while I understand
'relation', does the general public ?

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>