[Tagging] man_made=apiary or ?

Anders Anker-Rasch anders at anker-rasch.no
Wed May 13 14:30:53 UTC 2015

Yes, this is correct. Without too much knowledge about the world wide
approach; In Norway, most professional beekeepers travel with their hives
for a limited time of the year, typicaly 3-4 weeks for a specific nectar.
Other than that, they provide services such as pollination, but mostly they
are stationary. Hobby beekeepers never travel, they keep it in the backyard
etc.

I've looked into apiarymap previously, and I can understand where
you are coming from. To some extent, I agree with the idea of not starting
parallell efforts. However, I find the apiarymap (and others I've seen
based on Googles API) very limiting. I got loads of ideas I would like to
implement into a map, without revealing too much here. The reason I would
like to get it into OSM with proper tagging is that I know there are talks
about releasing much of the mandatory registration we have in Norway. If I
can get them to accept CC-BY-SA, it could pave way for other countries
doing the same, and in turn make OSM data a valuable source of information
for both governments and users.

--
mvh
Anders Anker-Rasch