[Tagging] Removal of "amenity" from OSM tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 15 09:41:00 UTC 2015

> to me a pub is a shop/building .. sells stuff and is a building.

to me a pub is a business, sells food and drinks and is typically in a
building (there might be also pubs in tents or on ships, etc.)

I feel its pointless to question the sense of the amenity namespace / key.
It's too late. Of course we could use another structure for these tags and
get rid of some problems and get some different problems, but a transition
seems too revolutionary, too much effort for likely not enough gain...

Cheers,
Martin