[Tagging] Removal of "amenity" from OSM tagging

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat May 16 11:46:43 UTC 2015

W dniu 15.05.2015 14:52, Daniel Koć napisał(a):

> And note, that it's hard for us, advanced mappers! But I guess this
> project has a long tail - that means advanced users are just a tiny
> (even if important) part of community. So most of the work is done by
> casual mappers. They have iD as a tool and that's great, but if

My "long tail" intuition are now supported by a scientific study called
"Characterizing the Heterogeneity of the OpenStreetMap Data and
Community", and we know even how much advanced users are there! The
abstract says:

"All three aspects (users, elements, and contributions) demonstrate
striking power laws or heavy-tailed distributions. The heavy-tailed
distributions imply that there are far more small elements than large
ones, far more inactive users than active ones, and far more lightly
edited elements than heavy-edited ones. Furthermore, about 500 users in
the core group of the OSM are highly networked in terms of
collaboration."

[ http://www.mdpi.com/2220-9964/4/2/535 ]

So, we should really take care of casual mappers!

down" [A. Cohen]