[Tagging] RFC Reception_desk Mk2

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 22:34:37 UTC 2015

On 20 May 2015 at 14:42, Kotya Karapetyan <kotya.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> One node, all tags is the gut feeling I get. Put all the tags on one and
>> if two are the same key with different values, add the values separated by
>> semicolons.
>>
>> If in doubt, create two nodes and use iD to combine them ;) by (shift)
>> selecting both and use the + symbol to combine.
>>

> +1, but probably will be left up to the mapper, as usual.
>

>> Re reception desk - sounds useful but in the meantime I'm making use of
>> the entrance/exit tag to indicate main entrance - where a reception desk
>> would be found.
>>

> For simple situations it works. Sometimes however the reception desk may
> appear elsewhere (not at the main entrance) as well, and there may be more
> entrances too.
> Example: my company campus has 3 main receptions (I am aware of), one main
> entrance (for the visitors who don't know where to go; however they can go
> to other receptions too), and dozens of entrances without receptions.
>
> A hospital nearby has at least 2 entrances, one being the main one, with a
> reception at each entrance.

If they need a map to find the place, the need any reception for newbies.
Tag the appropriate entrances with ent/ext tags - all those entrances
suitable for newbies. Hospitals tend to have multiple entrances - so tag
them appropriately such as A+E(ED) , main, outpatient or even named
department. Schools have many entrances too but the general public don't
need to know about them all.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>